maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason Tesser <jasontes...@gmail.com>
Subject Best Practice for Repository Names etc...
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 12:30:06 GMT
We have one piece of software that we sell.  There are a few github repos
which make up the code for this software.  We have been using only ANT for
years and all our libs are in WEB-INF/lib

We also write plugins against us to deploy in our system.

We are moving to using Maven for our Dependencies. We have Artifactory set
up and working.

My questions are as follows

1. For local Repositories should I stick with the convention that
Artifactory shipped with?
libs-release-local, libs-snapshot-local, plugins-release-local,
plugins-snapshot-local,-ext-release-local,ext-snapshot-local
I was wondering if I should just create one local repo and store everything
in it?

2. Related to number 1. Can 1 repo not support the snapshots?

3. Related to 2 What is the best practice way to handle my branch which
people run everyday and gets commits everyday. This is during development.

4. Is there a recommended way to handle group/artifact naming. I have seen
many on the internet

Thank you,
Jason