maven-users mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing JDK version without specifying maven-compiler-plugin version
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 00:47:35 GMT
On Tuesday, November 26, 2013, Malte Skoruppa wrote:

> is there some way for me to achieve the following three things at the same
> time:
> (1) have Maven compile my source files with -source 1.4 (or anything
> higher than 1.3)
> (2) *not* specify the maven-compiler-plugin version to use; instead, have
> Maven dynamically use the latest one available;
> (3) *not* have Maven bitch about my project being "malformed" ;-)

Yes.  In your pom.xml's <properties> section add this:

<maven.compiler.source>1.6</maven.compiler.source>
<maven.compiler.target>1.6</maven.compiler.target>

No other configuration or verbiage needed.

All of the other posters' words are good. But no one answered your question.

Best,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson