maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: System-wide, read-only repository
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 23:08:22 GMT
On 13 November 2013 04:46, Matthieu Moy <Matthieu.Moy@grenoble-inp.fr> wrote:
> Barrie Treloar <baerrach@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> When you decide on a solution, a write up of what you did would be
>> helpful for the archives and anyone in the future that has the same
>> needs as you.
>
> After a bit of testing, the speed difference is almost unnoticeable.
> I've documented a way to put the local repo in /var/tmp/ (it's french,
> but if anyone cares, it's here:
> http://ensiwiki.ensimag.fr/index.php/Questions_fr%C3%A9quentes_avec_Maven_pour_le_projet_GL
).
> Most students won't read the docs, they will eat our disk space and load
> the NFS server, but that's not a very big issue anyway.

Thanks for that.

Your wiki doesn't include a Maven Repository Manager setup.
Are you not going to set one up?
Reduction in your internet bandwidth would be the biggest gain for the
organisation.
Download speedup will be the biggest gain for the students, instead of
taking 10s of minutes it should be downloaded quite quickly.