maven-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Pennebaker <apenneba...@42six.com>
Subject Namespace issues in Maven projects between Mac and Windows
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 14:47:05 GMT
On my machine, I have a Java file with a different stated package name (
my.namespace.test) than the file's directory structure would indicate (
src/test/java/org/namespace/test/). On my machine, "mvn compile" and "mvn
test" still work without issue or warning.

But on my friend's machine, Maven complained during compilation that it
could not find the Java file. By moving the file into a directory structure
matching its stated package, we got "mvn compile" and "mvn test" to work on
his machine as well. I'm curious why our "mvn compile"s are behaving
differently.

Our specs:

* My Maven 3.1.1, from Homebrew, with Apple JavaSE JDK 6, on Mac OS X 10.9
Mavericks x64
* Friend's Maven 3.0.5, from Chocolatey, with Oracle JavaSE JDK6, on
Windows 7 x64

--
Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker