maven-users mailing list archives

From Ziga GREGORIC <ziga.grego...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: System-wide, read-only repository
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 17:41:56 GMT
I'd go for what Wayne is suggesting. Installing Maven Repository Manager on
laptops? hmmm... It will cause artifacts to be duplicated in .m2/repository
and in Nexus/Artifactory folder structure.

There's no way (IMHO) of forcing users not to change settings.xml - but if
provided template works for most cases, not many will see the need to
change anything. Having control over repos used or artifacts allowed can be
accomplished on a project level.

My suggestion is to set-up organisation-wide repository, proxy to central,
codehous, jboss, ..., then:
1) Route everything through it with <mirror> configured, together with a)
routes defined (in case of Nexus) and b) take extra care of <mirrorOf> (see
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html - Adv.
Mirror Spec)
2) When setting repositories override <updatePolicy> daily (default) with
never for releases repositories. (I consider re-release of an artifact bad
idea anyway).

<repository>
  <id>organisation-repo</id>
  <url>https://repo.organisation.com/the/right/path</url>