maven-users mailing list archives

From Surendran D <>
Subject exclude entries in MANIFEST.MF
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 08:54:59 GMT
I am currently building and EAR file using maven-ear-plugin

I have a requirement to exclude some of the Class-Path: entries from

For example I have 3 dependencies hibernate-core.jar, quartz-1.6.5.jar and
poi-3.7.jar in my class path (in my dependency of pom.xml)

When I build my EAR file all these entries will be automatically added to
Class-Path entry of my MANIFEST.MF file.

My maven build looks as follows

                    <addExtensions />
                    <classpathPrefix />
In the above build file

is responsible for adding the MANIFEST.MF entries.

My requirement is to add only 2 jars in dependency quartz-1.6.5.jar and
poi-3.7.jar and exlcude the remaning.

If I give false all the entries are excluded from the MANIFEST.MF
classpath. If the remove the depependecy entries from pom I get compilation

how can I achieve the above scenario.