maven-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Maven Site Plugin 3.1
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2013 16:14:10 GMT
Hi Tom

org.sonatype.aether.graph.DependencyFilter is located inside artifact aether-api

http://www.grepcode.com/snapshot/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.sonatype.aether/aether-api/1.13.1
and is being referenced by a downstream artifact
How to make this error resolve?

1)in current pom.xml place aether-api into dependencyManagement e.g.

                     <dependencyManagement>

                                     <dependencies>

                                        <dependency>

                                           <groupId>org.sonatype.aether</groupId>

                                           <artifactId>aether-api</artifactId>

                                        </dependency>

                                     </dependencies>

                         </dependencyManagement>
this will suggest "org.sonatype.aether:aether-api" to be a declared dependency by downstream
artifacts

2)the "preferred way" is to find which <plugin> is making the reference to aether-api
.. what i do is
mvn -e -X dependency:tree > tree.lst
search for 'aether-api' in tree.lst you will something like
            org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.1:site
                  org.sonatype.aether:aether-api    <---------------

the "current repository" artifact of  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.1:site
requires the <dependency> of aether-api e.g:

<build>
     <plugins>

        <plugin>

           <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId> <!-- optional groupId
-->

          <version>2.1</version>              <!-- specifying version ALWAYS
a good idea! -->

          <dependencies>

              <dependency>

                    <groupId>org.sonatype.aether</groupId>
                   <artifactId>aether-api</artifactId>

                   <version>! good idea to specify version otherwise you'll get version=LATEST
!</version>

             </dependency>

         </dependencies>

Does this help?