maven-users mailing list archives

From "KARR, DAVID" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject How to script the downloading of the latest snapshot of an artifact?
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2013 02:09:13 GMT
Someone I work with needs to build an automated solution to get the latest version of a snapshot
jar from our nexus server.  They've tried the simplistic "wget/curl" solution, but that requires
hardcoding the verbose snapshot jar url.  What are cleaner ways to do this?

This could be automated either from the "destination" end or from the "source" end.  We have
an automated build that produces the artifact he needs, so I could script something on our
build server that just scps the artifact to a remote server (this would be the "source" end).
 Alternatively, we would do something on the destination end that downloads the artifact.

However it works, we need a way to just specify the artifact coordinates, not the verbose
snapshot jar path.

Is this something that the Wagon plugin can do?