maven-users mailing list archives

From "Manfred Moser" <>
Subject Re: Help for Maven Migration
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 19:46:37 GMT
Imho you should not just upload all the jars. Instead find out the exact
version of what they are by doing a shasum of the jars and use the
checksum search in Nexus or on Central to identify the jars.

Only upload the ones you can not identify.. and even for those it might be
better to upgrade to a known artifact version.. where you can

> I am trying to figure out the best way to migrate over and use Maven for
> Dependency Management.
> My question is :  I have about 130 Jars in the Project we are a large
> project. I have Artifactory set up. SOme of the JARs I don't even have
> versions for as they have been around for years.  A few we have even
> modified.
> I want to know Should I just deploy my entire WEB-INF/lib to Artifactory?
> I have figured out for a single JAR I can deploy the artifact like so
> mvn deploy:deploy-file -e
> -Durl=
> -Dfile=Tidy.jar -Dversion=ukv
> -DgroupId=com.dotcms.lib -Dpackaging=jar -DartifactId=Tidy
> Deploying my entire WEB-INF/lib seems easiest to me BUT then what is the
> EASIEST way to generate the POM for the dependencies? Is there a single
> command that can do this? Is there a MVN command that will do this for me?
> In the end I need a POM that people will point to that will have all the
> libs for compile time because they will be building plugins in our system

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message