maven-users mailing list archives

From Markus Karg <k...@quipsy.de>
Subject RE: AW: AW: AW: mvn release:prepare does not update parent version
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2013 09:55:50 GMT
Robert,

no need to teach me about completeness of reports -- I am in the reverse situation day by
day as you can imagine. The problem was that I had the problem since I migrated to Maven 3
from day one with even the smallest possible POM (it looked 'obvious' to me) and did not have
the idea there might be a fix already already which is not contained in Maven 3 so far. In
fact this is why I would love to have the ability to use version ranges in plugin dependencies!
;-)

Anyways, as all is fixed now, thanks for the kind help! :-)
-Markus

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Scholte [mailto:rfscholte@apache.org]
Sent: Freitag, 8. November 2013 18:52
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: AW: AW: AW: mvn release:prepare does not update parent version

Op Fri, 08 Nov 2013 16:30:30 +0100 schreef Markus Karg <karg@quipsy.de>:

> I wonder why someone fixed it but didn't close
> https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-837...!

Well, is was probably already fixed for a long time. Since you only had a description it will
take some time to fix it, since it must first be reproducible. That's why attaching a sample
project helps, and a patch with a possible fix even more.

In this case it was the log-file which triggered me: first update the version of the plugin
and see if it has been already been fixed.

It is all about being as complete as possible :)

Robert