maven-users mailing list archives

From Markus Karg <>
Subject AW: AW: mvn release:prepare does not update parent version
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 07:40:56 GMT

thanks for your ideas, but...

>MG the previous email was an attempt to explain prepare-mojo will update current or children
artifacts but not parent artifacts

I agree that the docs do not say anything about the parent, but my question is not about the
docs, it is about this question the plugin is actually asking:

"Resolve Project Dependency Snapshots.: '' set to release? (yes/no) yes:
What is the next development version?  (1.1-SNAPSHOT) 1.1-SNAPSHOT: "

"" *is the parent*. So why does this plugin ask this question? *That* is
my question! :-)

Also, I do not want to use another third-party plugin to update the parent at every *deploy*.
I only want the parent to be corrected to that level the Maven Release Plugin suggests automatically
*when preparing the release* (and only then!). So unless prepare-release is a phase (which
I am not aware of) your suggested trick is not a solution to my actual problem. :-(

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message