maven-users mailing list archives

From Malte Skoruppa <skoru...@cs.uni-saarland.de>
Subject Re: Changing JDK version without specifying maven-compiler-plugin version
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 16:24:42 GMT
Hi,

> I read that as you wanting to only use features of Java 1.3 (madness I say)
> which will break once you have Java 8 as its javac will only support down
> to -source 1.6 IIRC (but it may be 1.5)
>
> I think it is current and two back that is the new policy that is being
> introduced from Java 8 onwards...

Ah, interesting. I didn't know that about the downwards compatibility of
Java. Thanks for the clarification.

And I would agree that it would be madness to only use features of Java
1.3. :-D
Which is the very reason I took a closer look at how to configure a
higher Java compiler version in the first place ;-)

Best,

Malte