maven-users mailing list archives

From Collins Solutions <Collins-Soluti...@austin.rr.com>
Subject Re: Maven Site Plugin 3.1
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 14:53:09 GMT
Thank you for your responses.  I have upgraded the site plugin to 3.3
and it appears to have cleared up the initial error.  Now I am getting
this response

Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.3:site (default-site) on
project acc-eao: SiteToolException: The site descriptor cannot be
resolved from the repository: ArtifactResolutionException: Unable to
locate site descriptor:

Going back to my last question, I never had to use a site descriptor
before.  How do I get past this requirement?  Do i have to create a
site.xml file?  If so, where do I put it and what does a basic file look
like?  I have looked at the documentation that is online but it is
lacking in some of the information.

On 11/11/2013 10:14 AM, Martin Gainty wrote:
> Hi Tom
>

> org.sonatype.aether.graph.DependencyFilter is located inside artifact aether-api
>
> http://www.grepcode.com/snapshot/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.sonatype.aether/aether-api/1.13.1
> and is being referenced by a downstream artifact
> How to make this error resolve?

> 1)in current pom.xml place aether-api into dependencyManagement e.g.
>
>                       <dependencyManagement>
>
>                                       <dependencies>
>
>                                          <dependency>
>
>                                             <groupId>org.sonatype.aether</groupId>
>
>                                             <artifactId>aether-api</artifactId>
>
>                                          </dependency>

>                                       </dependencies>

>                           </dependencyManagement>
> this will suggest "org.sonatype.aether:aether-api" to be a declared dependency by downstream
artifacts

> 2)the "preferred way" is to find which <plugin> is making the reference to aether-api
.. what i do is
> mvn -e -X dependency:tree > tree.lst
> search for 'aether-api' in tree.lst you will something like
>              org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.1:site
>                    org.sonatype.aether:aether-api    <---------------
>

> the "current repository" artifact of  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.1:site
> requires the <dependency> of aether-api e.g:
>
> <build>
>       <plugins>
>
>          <plugin>
>
>             <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId> <!-- optional
groupId -->
>            <artifactId>maven-site-plugin</artifactId>
>
>            <version>2.1</version>              <!-- specifying version
ALWAYS a good idea! -->