maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: exclude entries in MANIFEST.MF
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 14:37:18 GMT
Why are you doing all of this?
What are you building that is so far outside the normal way to build
EARs that it requires that you do this?
Why do you need hibernate to compile but not to run?
If hibernate is being provided at run-time then scope "provided" should
handle this properly.

I may be off base but it looks like you are trying to do something that
should be very easy but have tried to make it too complex

Fiddling with the Manifest is a not a normal activity as far as I know
but I am not building EARs - only WARs and JARs.

As a side note, Eclipse and its plug-ins do not use Maven to get
everything done.
They keep an eye on your pom.xml and try to set up their parameters to
match what they think you are trying to do with the POM.

You still have to look at the properties of your project to see how your
Eclipse configuration has been adjusted to match your pom.
That is the first thing to do if you are having trouble deploying and
running through some Eclipse feature.
You may have to manually adjust the properties if Eclipse misinterprets
your pom.
Once that works, you can go back and see if you can fix your pom or some
plug-in to make it easier for Eclipse to figure it out, if possible.

Free advice and worth every penny!

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler