maven-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Kriegisch <Alexan...@Kriegisch.name>
Subject Re: Why is "mvn validate compile" different from "mvn validate; mvn compile"?
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 19:41:22 GMT
Only "mvn compile" yields the exact same result as "mvn validate compile", I just did it like
this explicitly to make a point and show clearly what hapens. So again: Why, pray tell, does
my two-phase build work if first I only do "mvn validate" and then "mvn compile", but not
with only "mvn compile"? The question is still unanswered. Two people told me I made a mistake
but did not explain which one and where the different behaviour comes from.

If it helps I can send logs of "mvn -X ..." when I am back in office so you can see the difference
if my explanation is not good enough. I thought it was. :-(