maven-users mailing list archives

From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: How to test with multiple versions
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:19:55 GMT
Well in the Flexmojos Project we have a testsuite that tests a plugin against several Versions
of SDK (Compiler + Libs). The trick is that in the tests, we generate poms with different
Versions and spawn different child maven builds for each of These using the maven-invoker-plugin.
You can have a look at the Setup here: https://github.com/chrisdutz/flexmojos/blob/flexmojos-6.x/flexmojos-testing/flexmojos-test-harness/pom.xml

Hope this is somehow what you are looking for.

Chris

Von: Marshall Schor [msa@schor.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. November 2013 16:15
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: How to test with multiple versions

Hi,

We would like to run tests that test for compatibility between newer releases
and older versions, for a "client-server" kind of application.  The main idea
here is that the tests would be run with the client running one version of
things, and the server running another.

Is there a suggested approach for doing this using Maven?  The main issue I see
is that the test case would depend on multiple versions of the same artifacts -
some version being "assigned" to the client, and some to the server.  But I
don't think Maven allows that?

It would be good to hear from others who have previously faced down this kind of
issue :-)

-Marshall Schor