maven-users mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <r...@gold-family.us>
Subject Re: Deploying third-pary jar via scp
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2013 13:36:23 GMT
Hi Kevin,

Yes, you will need a POM unless your server understands the http PUT command. When you issue
the mvn command, maven will look in your current directory for a POM even though it won't
be using any of its standard life cycles. Those will define any plugins, connectors, and so
on.

Assuming your server understands scp, you might put in your pom something like:

<build>
    <extensions>
        <extension>
            <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
            <artifactId>wagon-ssh</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
        </extension>
    </extensions>
</build>

Of course, you would still need a way to specify your credentials, preferably in your ~/.m2/settings.xml

There is a free version of the Nexus repository manager. That will be much easier to use than
this.

Regards,
Russ