maven-users mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <r...@gold-family.us>
Subject Re: Maven: How can I run/include a class in a jar with the failsafe plugin?
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 22:51:30 GMT
OK, so you're doing something a bit unusual - is there some particular reason that you are
not compiling these tests in the project where you want to run them? That's the usual way,
and everything is set up to work with that assumption.

But if your tests are built separately by another maven project, all you need to do is make
the jar that contains the test into a test dependency of the project where you want to run
it.

On Oct 17, 2013, at 6:36 PM, Dan Kaplan <dank@mirthcorp.com> wrote:

> Yeah this is a JUnit annotation.
> http://junit.sourceforge.net/javadoc/org/junit/runner/RunWith.html  I am
> passing in
> http://junit.sourceforge.net/javadoc/org/junit/runners/AllTests.html into
> that annotation.  org.junit.runners.AllTests is a test runner.  It calls
> the suite() method on the pojo I've created.  I'm trying to figure out how
> to say, "run this suite" in maven even though the class is in a jar.  I
> only want to run this suite.  But "includes" only lets me specify file
> patterns instead of classpath patterns, as far as I can tell.
>

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Russell Gold <russ@gold-family.us> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> Is this the JUnit annotation, that you mean? And your tests use it to
>> refer to a test runner?
>>
>> Your description is a bit confusing, since in JUnit, you use the @RunWith
>> annotation on a test class to refer to another class which IS a test
>> runner. You don't annotate a POJO with it, as far as I can tell.
>>
>> Now if you do mean a test runner that your test classes are referring to,
>> you just need to make it  a maven artifact and add it to your test
>> dependencies.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Russ
>>
>> On Oct 17, 2013, at 4:49 PM, Dan Kaplan <dank@mirthcorp.com> wrote: