maven-users mailing list archives

From Adam Downer <Adam.Dow...@Gamesys.co.uk>
Subject Re: passing the deployed artifact URL to another system
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:04:04 GMT
I have continued to dig into the code in order to try and find a potential answer wo my question.

The mvane deploy plugin code
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-deploy-plugin<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-deploy-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/deploy/DeployMojo.java>

Probably contains the info I am looking for, or at least the method by which to consistently
generate the info. I have also come across the shade plugin. Which seems to override the default
behaviour of other plugins for its own purposes. I am thinking that maybe my maven plugin
could override a portion of the standard deploy plugin in order to expose the information
I require. Or maybe I am talking about two plugins now, an extension to 'deploy' to expose
the required info in a ${project.finalRepoUploadURL} way and a second plugin to take that
info and send it to my apps rest endpoint.

Thanks in advance.

Adam D

From: Adam Downer <adam.downer@gamesys.co.uk<mailto:adam.downer@gamesys.co.uk>>
Date: Monday, 21 October 2013 11:00
To: "users@maven.apache.org<mailto:users@maven.apache.org>" <users@maven.apache.org<mailto:users@maven.apache.org>>
Subject: passing the deployed artifact URL to another system

Hi users,

I was wondering if there was a simple way to achieve the following. I have looked at the deploy
plugin project pages, searched the mailing list and interwebs and I can't find examples of
what I am trying to do or a possible method for me to achieve it.

I use maven to upload software to a nexus repository, no fancy tricks just jars and wars put
into snapshot and release repositories.
I have written a small app which collates data about where artifacts have been deployed and
what tests have been run against them.

My problem is this. I want to store the full nexus url of artifacts in my other app, to use
as the main reference for data about them. I started writing a maven plugin to achieve this
(passing the URL in an HTML post as data) but I can't find a way to get the deploy URL which
is used during the deploy phase of the maven build.

I thought about constructing the url myself as the pattern is formulaic, but it involves timestamps,
which if I generate again will be different to the real ones.

If anyone knows a way to achieve this or can share examples of a way it has been done. I would
be most appreciative.

Regards

Adam D