maven-users mailing list archives

From Adam Downer <Adam.Dow...@Gamesys.co.uk>
Subject passing the deployed artifact URL to another system
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:00:22 GMT
Hi users,

I was wondering if there was a simple way to achieve the following. I have looked at the deploy
plugin project pages, searched the mailing list and interwebs and I can't find examples of
what I am trying to do or a possible method for me to achieve it.

I use maven to upload software to a nexus repository, no fancy tricks just jars and wars put
into snapshot and release repositories.
I have written a small app which collates data about where artifacts have been deployed and
what tests have been run against them.

My problem is this. I want to store the full nexus url of artifacts in my other app, to use
as the main reference for data about them. I started writing a maven plugin to achieve this
(passing the URL in an HTML post as data) but I can't find a way to get the deploy URL which
is used during the deploy phase of the maven build.

I thought about constructing the url myself as the pattern is formulaic, but it involves timestamps,
which if I generate again will be different to the real ones.

If anyone knows a way to achieve this or can share examples of a way it has been done. I would
be most appreciative.

Regards

Adam D