maven-users mailing list archives

From Tester <spamc...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue with maven antrun in <build> and in <profile> tag
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 21:15:42 GMT
We are having an issue on our project, where a maven build is executed with
an antrun plugin execution in both the <build> and <profile> tags, it gets
messed up. Let's take this example to illustrate the problem (very
simplified version):

<project>

<build>
   <plugins>
<plugin>
<configuration>
<tasks>
... deploy to weblogic server ..
</tasks>
</configuration>
<executions>
<execution>
<phase>deploy</phase>
<goals>
<goal>run</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>
<profiles>
<profile>
<id>intg</id>
<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<configuration>
<tasks>
... replace a value in file ...
</tasks>
</configuration>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>0_resource</id>
<phase>process-resources</phase>
<goals>
<goal>run</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>
</profile>
</profiles>

Now the problem that we are having is that when we do for example: mvn
clean install -Pintg, it first executes the antrun plugin tasks specified
in the build tags. Even though it has a deploy phase. When I would delete
the antrun plugin in the profile tag, I would not have this issue. It seems
that as there are 2 different instances of the antrun plugin, it somehow
executes all of them even though they are not in the appropriate phase.

What is happening here? Is this a bug? Is it not allowed to have 2 antrun
plugins in the same execution of the pom.xml file? I know for example that
it is not a problem to have the antrun plugin in a different profile, as
long as they are not both called!

Apparently it is also not allowed to have 2 antrun plugins defined in the
<build> tag, but you should define multiple <executions> with different
phases.

Could someone please elaborate on this?