maven-users mailing list archives

From Baptiste Mathus <bmat...@batmat.net>
Subject Re: Maven versions in compilation
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 11:01:07 GMT
Well, as Maven delegates some important parts like compilation to plugins
or even external tools like javac, any risk of being different is quite low.

And put differently, as what you ask is actually controlled by the
maven-ear-plugin, maven-jar-plugin, etc. and not by maven core (granted you
locked plugin versions as one should do, sure), the risk is very low that
there's anything different (without upgrading one of those plugin which may
new behaviour and/or bug.

We migrated from m2 to m3 some time ago a quite big numbers of projects
(I'd say more 30+ if talking about multimodule build, and even tens or
hundreds if you speak of projects/modules), and we didn't encounter
importantly noticeable differences.

Cheers