maven-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Cody <gordon.c...@zafin.com>
Subject Re: Maven versions in compilation
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 21:05:35 GMT
The first project I was switching to mvn3 I was also skeptical about the
ear produced being the same.

You must ensure both mvn2 and mvn3 use the same version of java (check
using mvn -version)

Separately explode the ear created by each version of mvn (lets call them A
and B) and and all war files within each ear using winzip or 7zip or some
other tool.
Use windiff to compare the exploded folders getting it to show any files
only in A or or only B and anything not identical.

There should not be any files that are only in one set or the other. All
differences have to be investigated. Only items that contain
date/timestrings or timestamps should show up. These may appear in your
manifest.mf (time of build) . Some 3rd party tools put date/time objects
into files also (e.g. flex).  These would also show as differences. Any
jars with differences need to be exploded so you can see which file(s) are
different inside of them. Looking at the differences in class files is
doable also but not pretty.

Regards, Gord Cody
gordon.cody@zafin.com

--
Best Regards, Gord Cody

Release Manager  Zafin Labs Americas Inc.
179 Colonnade Road-Suite 100, Ottawa ON, Canada
Phone: +1 (613) 216-2504  Fax: +1 (613) 688-1374  Mobile: +1 613-601-2734
Web: http://zafin.com  Email: gordon.cody@zafin.com