maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: System-wide, read-only repository
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 22:38:26 GMT
On 29 October 2013 23:56, Lyons, Roy <Roy.Lyons@cmegroup.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, you will always have something in $HOME/.m2/repository
> because that's how maven works.
>
> Can I suggest perhaps that you use zfs for deduplication in /home?
> Otherwise, you can add something like

Or give them more disk space - isn't this stuff meant to be cheap now-a-days?

If they dont have direct access to the internet, then you can setup a
Maven Repository Manager, to vet/restrict what artifacts they use.

My ~/.m2/repository is 1.2GB but I would expect that to be an upper
limit considering the cruft I have accumulated in there.
Probably time to delete it and reseed from the local Maven Repository Manager,

So back of the envelope calculations say 200 * 1.2GB = 240GB.