maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] 2013 Committer School for people who want to become Maven Committers
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2013 09:11:35 GMT
On 19 October 2013 16:25, Parimala Prahlada <parimalaprahlada@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for clarifying about the prerequisite for Maven committer school.  I
> asked this question to know if there is any implicit prerequisite like
> "Must know,   Maven, Java, JIRA" etc...
>
> I would like to be volunteer for this.  Please guide.

As Stephen says:
>> There is only one pre-requisite... Namely that you have enough interest to
>> motivate yourself.
>> We don't set homework, good committers find their own homework ;-)
>>
>> We don't set deadlines, this is a volunteer project.

So find your itch and then scratch it.

If you are already using Maven and there is something you think should
get fixed, then that would be the best place to start.

Try to find your problem in Jira to see if it has already been
reported, and then get to work trying to fix it.

There should be enough documentation on the website to explain how to
setup your development environment and if there is anything unclear
then there is another opportunity to fix that as well.