maven-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Pennebaker <apenneba...@42six.com>
Subject Re: Is there a Maven plugin for the Java debugger (jdb)?
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 17:31:01 GMT
Ah, forgot to add the full namespace to the main class. This works:

$ cat pom.xml
<build>
  <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
          <executable>jdb</executable>
          <arguments>
            <argument>-classpath</argument>
            <classpath />
            <argument>${jdb}</argument>
          </arguments>
        </configuration>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <goals>
              <goal>exec</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

$ mvn -Djdb=com.my.stuff.HelloWorld exec:exec
run

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Curtis Rueden <ctrueden@wisc.edu> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> > Exception occurred: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
> > (uncaught)"thread=main", java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(), line=202 bci=73
>
> Not sure what to tell you. I tested it with my project and was able to
> launch my app from jdb as usual; see:
>
> https://github.com/imagej/imagej/commit/8cfe0fde7d89c71e083c992f5c7432b29f09c483

is
> > the correct way to hand jdb the CLASSPATH?
>
> Yep, at least on my OS X system with Sun Java 1.7.0_21:
>
> $ jdb -version
> This is jdb version 1.6 (Java SE version 1.7.0_21)
>
> $ jdb -help | grep classpath
>     -classpath <directories separated by ":">
>
> Is your "HelloMaven" class really in the default package? What happens if
> you change "jdb" to "java" in your exec; can you launch your application in
> non-debug mode that way? If not, there is something fishy with either your
> java main class or your classpath.
>
> Regards,
> Curtis
>

> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 8:56 AM, Andrew Pennebaker <apennebaker@42six.com
> >wrote:
>
> > So close! I added the snippet inside my
for supplying
> the
> > exact code, by the way!
> >
> > But jdb is showing an error:
> >
> > $ mvn exec:exec -Djdb.mainClass=HelloMaven
> > Initializing jdb ...
> > > run
> > run HelloMaven
> > Set uncaught java.lang.Throwable
> > Set deferred uncaught java.lang.Throwable
> > >
> > VM Started:
> > Exception occurred: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
> > (uncaught)"thread=main", java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(), line=202 bci=73
> >
> > main[1]
> >
> > This happens for any class I hand exec:exec.
> >
> > This is the same error I see if I try to jdb <Class> manually.

is the
> > correct way to hand jdb the CLASSPATH?
> >

> > On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Curtis Rueden <ctrueden@wisc.edu>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Andrew,

I would

> > > <plugin>
> > >   <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
> > >   <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
> > >   <version>1.2.1</version>
> > >   <configuration>
> > >     <executable>jdb</executable>
> > >     <arguments>
> > >       <argument>-classpath</argument>
> > >       <classpath />
> > >       <argument>${jdb.mainClass}</argument>
> > >     </arguments>
> > >   </configuration>
> > >   <executions>
> > >     <execution>
> > >       <goals>
> > >         <goal>exec</goal>
> > >       </goals>
> > >     </execution>
> > >   </executions>
> > > </plugin>

> > > We can get close. If you use the block above, you would launch with:
> > >
> > >     mvn -Djdb.mainClass=<Class> exec:exec
> > >
> > > Where "jdb.mainClass" is the property used in the XML above. And if
> that
> > is
> > > not concise enough for your taste you can choose a property with a
> > shorter
> > > name.
> > >
> > > Working example inside a profile with a specific main class is here:
> > >

> https://github.com/imagej/imagej/commit/8cfe0fde7d89c71e083c992f5c7432b29f09c483
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Curtis
> > >

> > > On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Andrew Pennebaker <
> > apennebaker@42six.com

I would
> > > need

> the