maven-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Pennebaker <apenneba...@42six.com>
Subject Re: How can I force a Maven task to depend on other Maven tasks?
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 15:23:20 GMT
> It sounds as though you might have intermittent tests.

Good guess, but no. In my case, I had refactored the arity of some
constructors, without updating all the code calling the constructors. On my
machine, `mvn test` showed everything passing. Wasn't until a coworker ran
`mvn test` on her computer that we saw a test failure.

Also, on her computer, `mvn install` failed due to missing generated
sources. Would be nice if I could specify in the pom that the
`generate-sources` task is required before `mvn compile`.

I'd like Maven tasks to work more like Make tasks, so that everything
downstream gets updated based on upstream file changes.

--
Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker
apennebaker@42six.com