maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Detected Maven Version: 2.2.1 is not in the allowed range [3.0.2,)
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:30:08 GMT
On 25 October 2013 11:26, Stephen Connolly
<stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com>wrote:

> FTR, here is the standard requires I add to most of my projects:
>
>                   <requireMavenVersion>
>
>                     <version>(,2.1.0),(2.1.0,2.2.0),(2.2.0,)</version>

This range lets through any maven version before 2.1.0.
We have not issued a patch version of 2.1.0 to fix the GPG signature issue,
but if we did, it will be innocent until proven guilty
2.2.0 is not allowed, but everything after it is

>                     <message>Maven 2.1.0 and 2.2.0 produce incorrect GPG
> signatures and checksums respectively.
>
>                     </message>
>
>                   </requireMavenVersion>
>
>                   <requireMavenVersion>
>
>                     <version>(,3.0),[3.0.4,)</version>

Everything prior to 3.0 passes the settings.xml correctly
3.0.4 contains the fix and thus everything after will have the fix, or at
least is innocent until proven guilty

>                     <message>Maven 3.0 through 3.0.3 inclusive do not pass
> correct settings.xml to Maven Release
>
>                       Plugin.
>
>                     </message>
>
>                   </requireMavenVersion>
>
> Hadoop are not as forgiving as me it would seem

I could give one single consolidated range, but then you don't get a nice
message explaining why the specific versions are banned.

> On 25 October 2013 11:23, Stephen Connolly <
> stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The people who write the software you are trying to build have decreed
>> that you need to use a recent version of Maven in order to build correctly.
>> They have defined an enforcer rule to enforce their minimum maven version
>> requirement. The enforcer rule has kicked in and failed the build early
>> because you are using maven version 2.2.1 and the allowed range is [3.0.2,)
>>
>> Maven has a version range syntax. briefly
>>
>> [x] means only version x and no other version
>>
>> [x,y] means any version >=x and <=y
>>
>> [x,y) means any version >=x and <y
>>
>> (x,y] means any version >x and <=y
>>
>> (x,y) means any version >x and <y
>>
>> (,x] means any version <=x
>>
>> [x,) means any version >=x
>>
>> (,x) means any version <x
>>
>> (x,) means any version >x
>>

>> HTH
>>

>> On 25 October 2013 07:46, rushikeshgaradade@gmail.com <
>> rushikeshgaradade@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>      i am very new to maven. I am trying to import hadoop source code
>>> into
>>> eclipse. and for this i followed this link: