maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: passing the deployed artifact URL to another system
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 12:30:46 GMT
These are not the droids you are looking for...

Also, this is not the problem you want to solve... Nexus Pro has this nice
feature called staging whereby the URL you deploy to is not the same URL
that people download from. I know Artifactory has similar features.

The final nail in the coffin is that very often the deployment repository
is not configured as the download repository, as you deploy into an
internal repository but download from a group proxying repository (so that
you get fast builds by only asking 1 repository)

For the 99% the deploy URL is not the same as the download URL, so the best
you can do is query the attached artifact to determine the timestamp that
was used (for -SNAPSHOT deployment) and then construct the URL based off
the configured download URL that you expect to be downstream from where you
made your deployment