maven-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: maven assembly plugin set permissions on base directory
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 22:03:25 GMT
Add a fileset pointing to ${basedir} to your configuration

<fileSets>

     <fileSet>
            <directory>${basedir}</directory>
            <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
            <includes>
                <include>*.properties</include>
            </includes>
        </fileSet>

<fileSet>

does this not work for you?
Martin

> Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 14:41:35 -0500
> From: scohen@javactivity.org
> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: Re: maven assembly plugin set permissions on base directory
>
> Martin, yes, I'm well aware of that functionality.
> However, I cannot figure out how to apply it to the base directory.
>
> Let's say I've set all my filesets which are packaged underneath the
> base directory to
> <directoryMode>775</directoryMode>
> <fileMode>664</fileMode>
>
> The plugin handles this beautifully.
>
> But let's suppose I want the basedir of the archive to also be
> <directoryMode>775</directoryMode>
>
> That does not seem possible. At least I have not figured out how to do it.
>
> Steve
>

> On 10/09/2013 02:21 PM, Martin Gainty wrote:
> > Stephen
> >

> > <configuration>

or <file> or <repository> allow you to assemble a package based on Octal setting
of the File/Directory Permissions ..

> > fileMode
> > String
> > Similar to a UNIX permission, sets the file mode of the files included. THIS IS
AN OCTAL VALUE. Format: (User)(Group)(Other) where each component is a sum of Read = 4, Write
= 2, and Execute = 1. For example, the value 0644 translates to User read-write, Group and
Other read-only. (more on unix-style permissions)

> > directoryMode
> > String
> > Similar to a UNIX permission, sets the directory mode of the directories included.
THIS IS AN OCTAL VALUE. Format: (User)(Group)(Other) where each component is a sum of Read
= 4, Write = 2, and Execute = 1. For example, the value 0755 translates to User read-write,