maven-users mailing list archives

From "KARR, DAVID" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject How to deal with checksum errors on public artifacts?
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 15:44:55 GMT
I was building a "toy" application that we're using to start work on a prototype for something,
and a build failed with an error like the following:

Could not transfer artifact org.ops4j.pax.runner:pax-runner-no-jcl:pom:1.4.0 from/to central
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/): Checksum validation failed, expected e52cedb3dba50c26877a6b3d88a08f98703d82a4
but is 2406c868ae24a7f15c78aa362346afd6ba44ec22 -> [Help 1]

This seems like it's saying that the artifact on Maven Central is corrupted.  I tried manually
downloading this artifact from Maven Central, but the md5 sum (I don't know if the algorithm
used above is md5 or something else) comes out to neither of those values.

I could use some more background on this, including what I should do to fix this (if I can
do anything).