maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Best Practice for testing code that uses provided dependencies
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 01:38:29 GMT
On 27/10/2013 7:59 PM, Russell Gold wrote:
> I’m actually running into the same issue, and my plan was s to take advantage of the
situation to provide test versions of the classes. What I found was that the “provided”
dependency wound up in the test class path.

> So I think that the fact that it is provided should have no impact on how you test it.
I am not sure what you mean.
If scope is provided, does that mean that you have to add the jar to the
project?
Or does "provided" turn out to be like compile when the tests are run?

I guess that Eclipse does not understand that. It can not resolve the
imports. Not really a maven problem

> - Russ
>
> On Oct 27, 2013, at 7:22 PM, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:
>
>> We have code that depends on "provided" libraries.
>>
>> What is the best way to test the code?
>>
>> I don't particularly want to add the shared libraries to the project since they are
large and will add a big load into the SCM and make it hard to check out the project.