maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Trying to understand how maven finds source
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 02:34:39 GMT
Eclipse/STS from the Spring guys (VMWare now) is an Eclipse IDE with all
of the plug-ins that you need to develop Java (and more).

We started with pure Eclipse but spent so much time fixing up the
plug-ins with each new version that it affected our productivity.
Once we found the Spring Tool Suite (Eclipse with all the "right"
plug-ins) we were in good shape - 1 download and we were back up and
coding in a few minutes.

I have never used NetBeans so I have no comment about how it helps with
the original problem(source code location).

Ron