maven-users mailing list archives

From Robert Kuropkat <rkurop...@t-sciences.com>
Subject Re: Blacklisting during Dependency Location
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 04:57:11 GMT

Must login to see the dependencies.  So in the settings.xml we have a
<repositories> section to define the repository location and a <server>
section to match the repository id with a username and password.

Robert

On 10/23/2013 12:06 AM, Russell Gold wrote:
> Are you saying that it takes a login to see the dependencies? So once you login, you
are presented with a set of directories?

> Or possibly you are pointing to the control address rather than the dependency address?
>
>   - Russ
>
> On Oct 23, 2013, at 12:01 AM, Robert Kuropkat <rkuropkat@t-sciences.com> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to use the site goal but some of our internal repositories are getting
blacklisted as being "invalid."  There are no network issues, I can access the repository
just fine and it downloads dependencies as needed.  I don't want to disable this feature.
 How do I actually make it work?

>> I have two internal nexus repositories, one works, the other doesn't.
>>
>> repo1 (works) - on my local laptop, mega default setup.
>>
>> repo2 (blacklisted) - corporate network, connected via VPN, setup like a real repository.
 Requires login.

>> Everything in the output of mvn -e -X site seems to look fine clear up until it says
the repo is invalid and blacklisted.  The site report is completed.  Going to the Dependency
Location web page and clicking on the link provided for the blacklisted repo pops up the exected
login prompt and then displays the repository.

>> I suspect, the reason repo2 gets blacklisted by the dependency location part of the
site goal is because it requires a login and is not using the server information in the settings.xml.

>> While I know there is no network issue, I would not rule out repo2 being malconfigured.
 I just can't figure out where to start looking.