maven-users mailing list archives

From Michael-O <1983-01...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Deploying third-pary jar via scp
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2013 09:16:56 GMT
Am 2013-10-12 22:29, schrieb Kevin Krumwiede:
> I think I've solved my earlier question about my poms.  Now I need to
> deploy a third-party jar to my remote repo.  I tried this command:
>
> $ mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=de.kuxfamily -DartifactId=glasslib
> -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=glasslib.jar
> -DrepositoryId=chalcodes -Durl=scpexe://chalcodes.com/maven
>
> It says there is no connector available.  I installed some jars in my
> ~/.m2/lib: wagon-ssh-2.5.jar, wagon-ssh-common-2.5.jar, and
> wagon-ssh-external-2.5.jar.  I also tried changing the protocol to
> scp.  No dice.
>
> Should I write a pom to deploy this artifact?  Can I deploy it as part
> of an existing project, and have it be available at compile time?

Hi Kevin,

first of all, there is no ~/.m2/lib, Maven solely relies on plugins and
its dependencies. This isn't Ant.

As far as I can remember, Maven 3 has one two default Wagon providers:
File and HTTP. You need to declare additional dependencies [1].
Unfortunately, I do not know how to declare this dependency when you
solely perform a deploy:deploy-file.

Anyway, is there a reason why you don't use a repo manager like Nexus?

Michael