maven-users mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: maven assembly plugin set permissions on base directory
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 19:41:35 GMT
Martin, yes, I'm well aware of that functionality.
However, I cannot figure out how to apply it to the base directory.

Let's say I've set all my filesets which are packaged underneath the
base directory to
<directoryMode>775</directoryMode>
<fileMode>664</fileMode>

The plugin handles this beautifully.

But let's suppose I want the basedir of the archive to also be
<directoryMode>775</directoryMode>

That does not seem possible.  At least I have not figured out how to do it.

Steve

On 10/09/2013 02:21 PM, Martin Gainty wrote:
> Stephen
>

> <configuration>

or <repository> allow you to assemble a package based on Octal setting of the File/Directory
Permissions ..

> fileMode
> String
> Similar to a UNIX permission, sets the file mode of the files included. THIS IS AN OCTAL
VALUE. Format: (User)(Group)(Other) where each component is a sum of Read = 4, Write = 2,
and Execute = 1. For example, the value 0644 translates to User read-write, Group and Other
read-only. (more on unix-style permissions)

> directoryMode
> String
> Similar to a UNIX permission, sets the directory mode of the directories included. THIS
IS AN OCTAL VALUE. Format: (User)(Group)(Other) where each component is a sum of Read = 4,
Write = 2, and Execute = 1. For example, the value 0755 translates to User read-write, Group