maven-users mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: maven assembly plugin set permissions on base directory
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 19:05:49 GMT
On 10/09/2013 11:43 AM, Baptiste Mathus wrote:
> What are you trying to do? The 'why' may also help.
> Is there a way to do this?

I'm working in a very specialized legacy environment in which it would
be nice to have an archive (.tar.gz) that had all the permissions as I
want from the start.  Granted it's not all that hard to do after
unpackaging with chmod running under find, but it would be nice if the
base-directory itself had a <directory-mode> as do the <filesets> that
get packaged under it.  Bottom-line: the plugin doesn't give me the same
level of control as the OS does.