maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Build error java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Negative time, at java.io.File.setLastModified(File.java:1344)
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 18:29:54 GMT
This is an error that I get when I execute my project in Eclipse/STS
while running from a RAM drive.
If I run the same project running on Eclipse/STS while running on a
regular disk drive it works.

It is pretty deep in the Maven code and looks like Maven/Plexus sends a
bad argument to a Java function.

I have found another complaint like this by Googling but no one had any
suggestion about how to fix it.

My only fix is to stop using my high speed version and build it in my
slow disk based Eclipse and maven (Same software just not on a RAM drive).

I am intrigued by the idea that I am able to achieve some ability to
reverse time but it does not actually let me get more work done in a
day. Quite the contrary.

Ron

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:single (default) on
project util-pom-hibernate-mysql-tomcat: Execution default of goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:single failed:
Negative time -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:single
(default) on project util-pom-hibernate-mysql-tomcat: Execution default
of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:single
failed: Negative time
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:225)
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
     at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
     at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
     at
     at
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginExecutionException: Execution
default of goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:single failed:
Negative time
     at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:110)
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
     ... 19 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Negative time
     at java.io.File.setLastModified(File.java:1344)
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.components.io.resources.PlexusIoFileResource.setLastModified(PlexusIoFileResource.java:174)
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.components.io.resources.PlexusIoFileResource.setFile(PlexusIoFileResource.java:107)
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.components.io.resources.PlexusIoFileResource.<init>(PlexusIoFileResource.java:82)
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.components.io.resources.PlexusIoFileResource.<init>(PlexusIoFileResource.java:66)
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.components.io.resources.PlexusIoFileResource.<init>(PlexusIoFileResource.java:49)
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.zip.AbstractZipArchiver.addParentDirs(AbstractZipArchiver.java:446)
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.zip.AbstractZipArchiver.addResources(AbstractZipArchiver.java:394)
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.zip.AbstractZipArchiver.createArchiveMain(AbstractZipArchiver.java:323)
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.zip.AbstractZipArchiver.execute(AbstractZipArchiver.java:222)
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.createArchive(AbstractArchiver.java:910)
     at
org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.archive.archiver.AssemblyProxyArchiver.createArchive(AssemblyProxyArchiver.java:512)
     at
org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.archive.DefaultAssemblyArchiver.createArchive(DefaultAssemblyArchiver.java:186)
     at
org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.mojos.AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(AbstractAssemblyMojo.java:436)
     at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
     ... 20 more

--
Ron Wheeler
President