maven-users mailing list archives

From Raghavendra Nandagopal <speaktorag...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven Version 3.0.4 compatibility with Java Version
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 03:45:01 GMT
Hi,
   The maven version I am using is Maven 3.0.4.  When I try to compile a
Java project, the error that states is "enums are not supported in
-source 1.3
(use -source 5 or higher to enable enums)".

   My java version is JDK 7.0 and the JAVA_HOME variable is set
correctly and part of the build path.

   I understand that the java version has to be configured in the
pom.xml for the project to make use of JDK 7.0.
The clarification I needed is if Maven version 3.0.4 then isn't by
default uses JDK 5.0 and above?
I don't need to change the value for each and every pom.xml for the
projects that I work.
Please let me know if you have any workaround.

Thanks,
Raghavendra Nandagopal