maven-users mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <r...@gold-family.us>
Subject Re: Blacklisting during Dependency Location
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 12:19:25 GMT
Hi Robert,

In all of the repositories I've seen, you never had to login to see dependencies. They were
always publicly readable; logging in was always just to control who could upload. I suspect
that your repository is misconfigured.

- Russ

On Oct 23, 2013, at 12:57 AM, Robert Kuropkat <rkuropkat@t-sciences.com> wrote:

> Must login to see the dependencies.  So in the settings.xml we have a <repositories>
section to define the repository location and a <server> section to match the repository
id with a username and password.

> Robert
>

> On 10/23/2013 12:06 AM, Russell Gold wrote:
>> Are you saying that it takes a login to see the dependencies? So once you login,
you are presented with a set of directories?

>> Or possibly you are pointing to the control address rather than the dependency address?
>>
>>  - Russ
>>
>> On Oct 23, 2013, at 12:01 AM, Robert Kuropkat <rkuropkat@t-sciences.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to use the site goal but some of our internal repositories are getting
blacklisted as being "invalid."  There are no network issues, I can access the repository
just fine and it downloads dependencies as needed.  I don't want to disable this feature.
 How do I actually make it work?

>>> I have two internal nexus repositories, one works, the other doesn't.
>>>
>>> repo1 (works) - on my local laptop, mega default setup.
>>>
>>> repo2 (blacklisted) - corporate network, connected via VPN, setup like a real
repository.  Requires login.

>>> Everything in the output of mvn -e -X site seems to look fine clear up until
it says the repo is invalid and blacklisted.  The site report is completed.  Going to the
Dependency Location web page and clicking on the link provided for the blacklisted repo pops
up the exected login prompt and then displays the repository.

>>> I suspect, the reason repo2 gets blacklisted by the dependency location part
of the site goal is because it requires a login and is not using the server information in
the settings.xml.

>>> While I know there is no network issue, I would not rule out repo2 being malconfigured.
 I just can't figure out where to start looking.