maven-users mailing list archives

From "Giles, Bear" <bgi...@cybersource.com>
Subject RE: maven assembly: different behavior on Jenkins
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 19:41:16 GMT
I've finally been able to track down the problem. My pom.xml file didn't specify a version
for maven-assembly-plugin. On my system it worked. On the build server and a coworker's system
it failed despite everyone running the same version of maven.

Once I explicitly specified a version it started working everywhere.

Bear

-----Original Message-----
From: Giles, Bear [mailto:bgiles@cybersource.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 3:17 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: maven assembly: different behavior on Jenkins

I'm seeing weird behavior when running maven assembly on Jenkins.

My assembly descriptor, stripped down, is

<dependencySet>
   <includes>
      <include>${project.groupId}:*:jar</include>
      <include>${project.groupId}:*:va</include>
   </include>
   <outputFileNameMapping>${artifact.artifactId}.${artifact.extension}</outputFileNameMapping>
</dependencySet>

<dependencySet>
   <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
   <includes/>
   <excludes>
      <exclude>${project.groupId}:*</exclude>
   </excludes>
</dependencySet>

(The 'va' classifier is used for custom skinny wars. They'll built and installed earlier.)

The results on my desktop are what you would expect.

On Jenkins it looks like everything is run through the first stanza - all in the parent directory,
all have versions stripped. Worse I'm also seeing the standard .war file in addition to the
'va' .war files. In short it's acting like <includes/> instead of one that specifies
only a handful of dependencies.
Both systems are running Maven 2.2.1 and other builds are successful. It's just this plugin
that's acting squirrelly. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bear