maven-users mailing list archives

From John Dix <John....@amdocs.com>
Subject RE: Maven versions in compilation
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 16:27:07 GMT
Thank you Baptiste and Gordon! I'll work something up for a comparison in jars and go from
there.

-----Original Message-----
From: bmathus@gmail.com [mailto:bmathus@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Baptiste Mathus
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 4:01 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Maven versions in compilation

Well, as Maven delegates some important parts like compilation to plugins or even external
tools like javac, any risk of being different is quite low.

And put differently, as what you ask is actually controlled by the maven-ear-plugin, maven-jar-plugin,
etc. and not by maven core (granted you locked plugin versions as one should do, sure), the
risk is very low that there's anything different (without upgrading one of those plugin which
may new behaviour and/or bug.

We migrated from m2 to m3 some time ago a quite big numbers of projects (I'd say more 30+
if talking about multimodule build, and even tens or hundreds if you speak of projects/modules),
and we didn't encounter importantly noticeable differences.

Cheers