maven-users mailing list archives

From Matthieu Moy <matthieu....@grenoble-inp.fr>
Subject System-wide, read-only repository
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 09:38:01 GMT
Hi,

I have a setup with many users (200 students), each of them having a limited $HOME. I'm looking
for a way to provide them the most common plugins and dependencies and save disk space.

Is there a way to have a system-wide (e.g. /usr/share/maven/... or so) repository, where the
sysadmin could download stuff that the students wouldn't have to download and store in their
$HOME ?

I found many solutions using a proxy, that would allow me to download from the intranet, but
these solutions still require a local repository in $HOME/.m2/, so this saves bandwidth but
not disk space. I also saw some people advising to set localRepository in their pom.xml, but
this does not seem to be a good idea (not thread-safe), and doesn't really solve my issue,
as I would like the system-wide repository to be read-only (managed by root only), and to
come in addition to $HOME/.m2/, not as a replacement.

Thanks in advance,

--
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/