maven-users mailing list archives

From Jvsrvcs <jvsr...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven profiles question
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 23:50:04 GMT
I really do not understand any of the documentation related to the
<execution> plugin.

If I do something like:
  $mvn -P deploy

I need to:
 1. build the project (meaning I just want target/myproj.jar to exist
 2. Run a java program like:   $java -jar target/myproj.jar <some_options>

so I want to create a profile that will do both.  I realize that simply $mvn
install will build the target/myproj.jar but how would I add that to a maven
profile so that it does both the mvn install and runs $java -jar
target/myproj.jar <opts>

?

Any help would be appreciated, all of the documentation and examples I have
tried are not leading me to a solution.