maven-users mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <>
Subject Re: Maven: How can I run/include a class in a jar with the failsafe plugin?
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 22:20:36 GMT
Hi Dan,

Is this the JUnit annotation, that you mean? And your tests use it to refer to a test runner?

Your description is a bit confusing, since in JUnit, you use the @RunWith annotation on a
test class to refer to another class which IS a test runner. You don't annotate a POJO with
it, as far as I can tell.

Now if you do mean a test runner that your test classes are referring to, you just need to
make it  a maven artifact and add it to your test dependencies.

On Oct 17, 2013, at 4:49 PM, Dan Kaplan <> wrote:

> Minor correction:  This isn't a test runner, but a pojo with the @RunWith
> annotation on it.
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 1:23 PM, Dan Kaplan <> wrote:
>> I've made my own test runner for integration tests that I want to execute,
>> but I've put it in a reusable jar.  I'm trying to tell failsafe to use it
>> but I'm not sure how to because [the documentation for includes][1] says:
>>> A list of <include> elements specifying the tests (by pattern) that
>> should be included in testing. When not specified and when the test
>> parameter is not specified, the default includes will be
>>>    <includes>
>>     <include>**/IT*.java</include>
>>     <include>**/*</include>
>>     <include>**/*</include>
>>    </includes>
>>> Each include item may also contain a comma-separated sublist of items,
>> which will be treated as multiple  <include> entries.
>>    This parameter is ignored if the TestNG suiteXmlFiles parameter is
>> specified.
>> But this test runner is in the classpath, not on the filesystem.  How can
>> I tell failsafe to use my class runner and only my class runner?
>>  [1]:
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Dan
> --
> Thanks,
> Dan
> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic
> transmission may be confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, be
> aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information
> contained in this transmission is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
> have received this transmission in error, please notify us by email reply
> and then erase it from your computer system.

Author, Getting Started with Apache Maven <>

Come read my webnovel, Take a Lemon <>,
and listen to the Misfile radio play <>!