maven-users mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parent SNAPSHOT not resolved Maven 2.2.1 - 3.0.4 - (Nexus repo)
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 11:31:00 GMT
On 3 Oct 2013, at 11:11, Anders Hammar wrote:

> It should be the same for deps as well as parents. One difference could be
> if you have a repo declared in the pom (not setiings.xml). It might be that
> that repo is only used for deps and not the parent, I don't know.

FWIW, I've run some tests locally and confirm it is the same for (non-reactor) dependencies
when you don't have a snapshot repository declared in your pom hierarchy or settings.xml

Use "mvn help:effective-pom" to check as a lot of corporate/oss organizational setups will
declare a snapshot repository somewhere, otherwise Maven would not know where to fetch non-reactor
snapshots.

PS. note that an anaemic repository entry with just an id and url is still considered a snapshot
repository because the default setting for the snapshots and releases flags is true unless
configured otherwise.