maven-users mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: shade plugin usage
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 06:08:03 GMT
First, try to stay away from the überjar path. It's normally not the way to
go today, but you should use the jar and it's dependencies instead. I've
seen many case where people use a überjar just to try to make their life
simpler but ending up with other issues instead. A proper classpath is the
way to go in my opinion.

I guess your approach of deploying the überjar and a dep-reduced-pom would
work, but please remember to deploy it to your remote repo as well (and not
just your local repo). Somewhere in the back of my head I recall a similar
discussion earlier. Not sure if someone brought up any issues though.
Having said that, the reason for deploying the überjar at a separate
coordinate would be to have a separate pom with reduced deps. This
indicates that you plan on use the pom to get the dependencies and in that
case you should try to stick with the original jar instead and work with
the proper set of deps.

/Anders