maven-users mailing list archives

From Mirko Friedenhagen <mfriedenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven bootstrap/surefire:test performance
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2013 19:06:12 GMT
Mark,

I like the decision to use Maven whenever possible as well, nonetheless I
could imagine being even more happy should the execution times decrease. I
use a very small maven projects for tests[0] with Maven 3.1.1, turned on
timestamps and it takes Maven about 2 seconds when running "mvn -o
surefire:test". Even with option "-X" I do not see what is happening in the
first 1300ms, the first output line "1775 [INFO] Scanning for projects..."
starts after 1800ms.

Regards Mirko

[0] https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/pastebin/tree/surefire-speed-test
--