maven-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Rueden <ctrue...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: More detailed info on how exclusions work
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 17:34:39 GMT
Hi Sean,

> I could see the "number of files to compile" number going down as I
> added exclusions, and yet I still kept getting the same error messages
> every time.

Are you still including source files that depend on the excluded sources?
If so, Javac will try to compile the excluded classes anyway. This is a
feature of the Java compiler, not Maven-specific.

As an aside, I think you are in for a world of pain trying to exclude
classes from compilation in this way just because they have compile errors.
Can't you just fix the compile errors? Or if you have some other
requirements, there is almost certainly a better way of achieving them than
what you are trying to do.

Regards,
Curtis