maven-users mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to find which maven dependencies are missing?
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 02:21:59 GMT
You ask a really good question but one that eludes answer.

It seems several experts believe Maven is good at compile dependencies but
not runtime dependencies. If you care to see some of those discussions in
another mailing list, here you go:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jigsaw-dev/2013-September/date.html

I also want a better way to know which runtime dependencies are missing,
but I don't have an answer for that. I typically have to examine a POM and
figure out which "optional" dependency I need through trial-and-error.

Paul

--
Cheers,
Paul